Morgan Whisenhunt is a third-year law student at SMU Dedman School of Law. Morgan is a dedicated advocate for justice and positive change within the realm of family law, and embarked on a legal career with a profound desire to empower individuals and effect transformative shifts in her community. Inspired by a deep-rooted commitment to assisting others, Morgan pursued law school as a means to make a genuine difference in the lives of people navigating complex family dynamics. Called by the intersection of family law and crimes against women, Morgan honed her expertise in serving survivors of such heinous acts, emphasizing her suitability to fill the critical niche where these two realms intersect. With a blend of legal knowledge, empathetic understanding, and an unwavering dedication to advocacy, Morgan endeavors to bring justice, compassion, and support to those in need while reshaping the landscape of family law in her community.
Morgan is a Dallas area native and graduate of Sachse High School, where she graduated 4th in her class of over 700 students. She attended the University of Texas at Austin, where she double-majored in English and Government (graduating with honors in both), and minored in Philosophy of Law. Due to her desire to serve her hometown, she moved back to Dallas to attend law school at SMU Dedman School of Law. While in law school, Morgan worked with the Sexual Assault and Crimes Against Women Divisions of the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, and served as a legal intern with Genesis Women’s Shelter and Support. She has been with our office since July of 2023.
In her free time, Morgan enjoys hanging out with her pug Kiwi, playing video games, reading, spending time with her friends and family, or watching Longhorn football/baseball/volleyball.
- SMU Dedman School of Law: Dallas, TX
- Will graduate spring of 2024 and take the bar exam that summer
- Honors: Pro Bono Honor Roll (recognizes students at graduation who donated over 200 hours of law-related public service during law school)
- Involvement: Women in Law (1L representative); Family Law Association (2L representative)
- University of Texas at Austin: Austin, TX
- B.A. – 2021
- Majors: English (honors) and Government (honors)
- Minor: Philosophy of Law
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society, Alpha Chapter; graduated in top-third of class
- Involvement: Alpha Chi Omega sorority (member class president); Texas Baseball Diamonds (philanthropy chair)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, member
- Dallas Bar Association, member
- University of Texas Exes Alumni Association, member
Current Employment Positions